Thursday, February 2, 2012

Gripper Socks...TBD

Here I thought this blog would just be for me to post the things I've tried from Pinterest...I didn't think that I would be posting something new on my own!

One of Dexter's favorite games to play with me when I get home from work is "Chase each other around the kitchen island." There is only one problem with this...


Dexter doesn't have many shoes yet, and won't keep them on anyway. Tonight I said to my mom..."There's got to be SOMETHING that I can put on the bottom of his socks to make some of those non-slip socks..." Since I have the smartest mom in the world...she immediately had a solution. "Do you have any fabric paint?" Why yes, yes I do! We had some left over from decorating our Christmas stockings this year! So I went to the basement to hunt...

Needed:
socks (I used 3 pair we already had)
fabric paint (again, already had)
Prescription bottles (Ok these aren't a need...they are just what I used to put the socks on to paint them)

















I'm pretty sure there's really no additional explanation needed :-) Here's my finished product:



They're still drying so I'm not quite sure how well they work so success is still TBD...but in theory they should be good! I'll try to update tomorrow.

1 comment: